Sunday 25 December 2016

Guardians work in progress

So this is the current painting I'm working on. Started from the thumb on top and worked out what I wanted to do with it. Started doing lineart on top
Adding in color and mood. I started with a normal overcast daylight scene but I never really find these compelling enough. So I made a change to the feel and added more extreme color with a sunset behind the subjects
Beginning to render. This part is tough since I generally lose the composition for a while when I start figuring out how the lighting works. I also wanted to get a big epic scale to it which wasn't there before

Changing some colors around, adding more visual interest and setting the final mood before going into the final render. I still feel like I need to take some of the earlier clear message and work it back in. Very curious how this will end up looking

No comments:

Post a Comment